We celebrated the little guys seventh birthday recently.
Physically, he can do anything he sets his mind to.
Rock climbing, bike riding, baseball, skiing, snowboarding, swimming…pretty much anything he tries, he is good at.
When I asked him what he wanted to do on our upcoming trip to the lake he replied, “I’ll try anything.”
And, he will.
He’s reading. Not voraciously into books quite yet, but I imagine it will only be a matter of time.
He’s brave. It’s hard to remember what it was like to go to a new, big school and have to make ALL NEW friends. He did a great job this year.
His favorite class (and teacher) in school this year was music. Music. What an awesome thing.
He loves his sister. Sometimes, it’s not cool to show his love, but most times he does. He reads to her, lets her play minecraft with him, shares his legos with her, and indulges in the play that she leads. He is the best big brother she could ask for.
As tough as he is, he has a real sensitive nature. He loves fiercely. His feelings can be easily hurt.
One on one time with him is amazing. He has awesome thoughts and ideas that he doesn’t always get to share unless we get time alone with him.
He loves science, nature, and exploring the outdoors.
He knows a lot about technology and is not afraid of it…he knows more about iPads and iPhones than I do!
He is creative and thoughtful.
He has boundless energy that can sometimes get him into trouble, but most times is just hard to keep up with.
He keeps us on our toes.
He tests boundaries.
He loves his family.
And, we love him. Like crazy.
I asked him some questions this morning to get a feel for how HE feels at seven.
- favorite color: green, yellow, gold…well, actually, the whole rainbow
- favorite toy: bike
- favorite t.v. show: wild kratts
- favorite game: minecraft
- favorite snack: chewy chcolate chip granola bars and poppa’s popcorn
- favorite animal: pronghorn
- favorite holiday: christmas
- favorite book: anything about minecraft
- favorite song: welcome boys and girls (sung by his music teacher as they enter the classroom)
- what do you take to bed: sweetie (his big yellow dog)
- favorite food: pizza
- favorite thing to do outside: ride his bike
- what do you want to be when you grow up: zoologist or wildlife biologist
- what are you most grateful for: ben and pop-pop
- favorite part of the day: afternoon
- what makes you happy: sweetie at bedtime
- what are you scared of: spiders
- what makes me special: my family
To be part of his life EVERYDAY and watch him grow is one of the biggest joys of my life.
home is…seven of the most rewarding years of my life.