5 hours in almost 12 days

That’s how much time my husband, Ryan, and I have spent together.

Between his travel schedule for his new job and my weekend away that’s about how much time we have spent together in almost 2 weeks.

Yes, I did just mention his new job.

It’s a new job at a former company.

It’s a good move and good fit for him.

It’s a good move for the family.

It’s been kind of crazy the last month or so.

The kids and I have had a good week. We’ve stayed busy.

I’ll post about that this weekend.

For now, I just wanted to say hello.

And, let you know I had a little anxiety attack this evening.

Yesterday, on one of our adventures, I noticed a bump on baby girls wrist.

We were at the park and supposed to be having fun, but I had a bit of an anxiety attack there, too.

She hadn’t done anything to hurt it. In fact, she just reached out to hold my hand, as she does multiple times a day, and I felt the bump.

I slept on it last night and when I checked her wrist this morning it was still there.

It doesn’t seem to bother her, but I called the pediatrician to get it checked out anyway.

We got in this morning. It was not our regular doc, but one we have seen before. He’s an older gentleman. He’s probably seen hundreds of kids (or more) over the years.

He thoroughly checked it out and told me that it is probably nothing to worry about but to keep an eye on it.

Probably nothing to worry about.

I didn’t worry about it for most of the day while we were busy, but nap/quiet time set in.

I thought about it.

When she woke up from her nap I got her out of her crib and felt her wrist.

Still there.

And, now she doesn’t want me messing with it.

I snuggled her on the sofa and then I started getting anxious.

Probably nothing to worry about.

But how can I not worry. She’s my baby. And, I’m worrying.

I called my mom in tears. It helped to hear her tell me that it will be okay.

If you pray, please pray that it is nothing to worry about. If you don’t pray, please send good ju-ju.

And, Ryan isn’t here to see it.

I sent him this photo last night.

I’m not sure if this makes it look worse than it is or not as bad as it is, but you can’t really tell what it looks like unless you look at it in person.

Anyway, it’s probably nothing to worry about, but I can’t help worrying.

I just want my hubby to come home and my baby to be okay.

home is…a tired mommy after a long week.

Advertisements

7 thoughts on “5 hours in almost 12 days

1. kathy says:

I can’t tell if that’s the inside of her wrist facing the camera, but wondering if she’s popped a tendon from turning it funny… I’ve seen such things in the middle of the back of the hand and they just go away by themselves… it’s ok to ask for a referral to an orthopedist, as I’m sure you want to know what it IS, rather than the indefinite answer you got… update tomorrow if you have time? Glad hubby will be home soon.

2. Megan says:

Ug! It would stress me out, too!! Weird things with my kids always stress me out way more than if it was me. I will pray and send good ju-ju!! xoxo!

3. stephany @ home is what you make it says:

It does not seem to be a tendon according to the doctor.
    He gave me a more thorough diagnosis than I noted above, but basically said we would need to go through more to find out exactly what it is.
    It is a “firm mass on the radial (interior) palm side of the right wrist” is what he had the nurse note in her records.
    I’ll feel better when Ryan can look at it and help me decide what (if anything) we should do next.

4. Tracy Small says:

Stephany,
    Go with your gut. If you feel comfortable waiting it out, that is fine. If not, then make an appointment with the doctor you guys usually see and get a 2nd opinion from him. Never hurts and making Mom feel comfortable with things is good for the kids health too!
    xoxo
    Hope it goes away soon.
    Tracy

5. don schell says:

Steph,
    My prayers and maximum cajun mojo are on the way.My nick may be Dr.Duck but I sure aint no doctor.Do remember this…stress and worry is nothing but negative drag on you.
    I like the advice above of a second opinion from your regular doctor.My mom raised 10 of us kids.She use to say if something was not stressing her out about one or more of her kids she must have slepted for over 24 hours straight.
    Your little angel is going to be fine.

6. Autumn says:

Our prayers will be with you. Looks like a cyst to me – I get the same thing on my wrist or knuckle occasionally. They are nothing to worry about.
    It is so stressfull though when your partner in crime is not around to help out with the worrying. =) I know all about how that is!

i love your comments! please leave one...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s